Terms and Conditions
User Terms and Conditions
This Agreement contains the terms and conditions that apply to the User’s browsing or purchase of goods and/or services on the Website (targetonline.lk). The User hereby acknowledges that that the user is fully aware of the contents of these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by and accept these terms and conditions and those set out in the website. Targetonline.lk reserves the right to periodically amend these terms and conditions. As the user is bound by these terms and conditions, please review this page periodically.
- "Agreement" means an agreement made between the Company (Targetonline.lk (Pvt) Ltd) and the Customer (User of the website) containing these terms and conditions.
- "Customer" means any person who accesses the website and any person who places an order for the purchase of Products or services through the website.
- "Website" means the www.targetonline.lk site on the internet.
- "Online Order Form" means the electronic application form completed by the Customer at the time of purchasing the Products or Services.
- "Online Store" means the website – www.targetonline.lk .
- "Order" means an order for the purchase of Products and/or Services made by the Custtomer.
- "Product" means product(s) offered for sale through the Online Store.
- "Refund" means refund of credit to the Customer’s credit card and/or refund of cash.
Fee" means the fee charged by the Company under the following
- when the Customer applies for an Order cancellation;
- when the Customer fails to pick up the Product after the expiry of the 14 days collection period whereby the Order will be automatically cancelled; or
- unsuccessful delivery of the Product to the Customer due to the Customer’s fault (e.g. the Customer has provided incorrect delivery address) whereby the Order will be automatically cancelled.
- "Service" means the service(s) offered through the Online Store.
- "Merchant" means the third party suppliers of the Product / Service.
- "Merchant Warranty" means a warranty provided by the Supplier/Merchant for a Product / Service.
- "The Company" means targetonline.lk (Pvt) Ltd.
Acceptance of Orders
- All Orders of the Product / Service placed by the Customer shall be subject to acceptance by the Company. The Company has the right to refuse to accept or reject any Order for the Product / Service in the Online Store without giving prior notice to the Customer.
- The acceptance of Orders is subject to the availability of stocks. In case of shortage of the Products, the Company may allocate sales and deliveries at its sole discretion.
- The Company will only accept Orders for delivery of Products / Services in Sri Lanka.
- The Customer must
satisfy the following requirements before making any purchases in the
- age 21 or above;
- has a valid target.lk account; and
- be able to provide valid and correct personal and payment data on the Online Order Form, including but not limited to Customer’s email address, billing address, delivery address, name, contact telephone number, billing information, and other information required by the Online Store.
- The Company will not
be held liable for any loss or damages as a direct or indirect result of
any of the following circumstances:
- the Customer information has been seen or obtained through other means by a third person when the Customer is making online payment due to his or her negligence or omission;
- the Customer fails to provide complete, correct, or accurate information during the online payment process;
- other reasons related to the specified payment method; or
- other reasons related to the devices or the browsers used by the Customer.
Online Store Account
- Each Customer can only register one Online Store account.
- The Customer must keep the username and password confidential.
- The Company reserves the right to terminate an account permanently or suspend an account for a period of time without prior notice to the Customer.
Price and Payments
- The Customer must pay for the Product / Service by a valid credit card or any of the other accepted payment forms. The Customer must input the valid credit card information when the Customer places an Order in the Online Store. The Company will verify the validity of the credit card with its issuer and will then send a confirmation to the Customer if the credit card transaction payment is accepted. The credit card will be charged when the Order confirmation is sent to the Customer.
- Payment shall be made by credit card (Visa / MasterCard) or any other method(s) specified by the Company from time to time. Virtual credit card is not accepted.
- The Customer shall bear the price differences due to exchange rate and / or any other charges incurred for whatever reasons by the credit card issuer for all transactions.
- All prices are quoted in Sri Lankan Rupees unless otherwise specified explicitly. The Company can adjust such prices immediately at any time at its absolute sole discretion without giving prior notice to the Customer.
- The price displayed in the Online Store is for the current period of promotion. There may be further price offers that the Customer can enjoy which will depend on loyalty, other deals entered into with the Company and/or the Merchant.
- The Company will use
its reasonable endeavours to ensure, but cannot guarantee, that the
prices stated in the Online Store are accurate. The Company reserves the
right to correct any errors. If it is found that the price of any Product
/ Service ordered by the Customer is incorrect, the Company will notify
the Customer as soon as possible. In such case, the Customer can choose
- reconfirm the Order;
- cancel the Order; or
- if the Customer cannot be contacted, the Company will treat this as a cancelled Order and provide refund in accordance to the "Cancellation and Refund for Purchased Product" policy.
The Company will not charge the Customer the Restocking Fee for the above situations.
- The Online Store payment system will generate Order / Booking Number for every successful payment transaction. If, for whatever reason (including without limitation, a failure of the Online Store payment system or of the Customer’s own computer system or the Customer decides to go to another site on the Internet or to close the browser during payment), an Order / Booking Number is not presented within a reasonable period of time after the Customer has duly submitted all the necessary particulars, the Customer should contact the Company to confirm whether or not the payment has been successfully completed.
Appointment, Delivery, and Pickup Services
- Various additional
Services are available for order on the Online Store, including:
- pickup of Product at the Company’s stores by the Customer;
- arrangement of delivery of Product by the Company to the address specified by the Customer.
- All dates and times quoted by the Company for pickup / delivery of Product are estimates only.
- The Company shall not
be liable if delivery or pickup of the Product is delayed or
unsuccessful, due to, including without limitation any of the following
- incorrect information provided by the Customer (for example, incorrect delivery address or contact information);
- no one is available to receive the Product when the Product is delivered;
- fault due to third party courier; or
- other circumstances that are beyond the reasonable control of the Company.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Customer is required to pay a specified delivery fee for delivery of the Product to the address specified by the Customer. The exact delivery fee will be subject to the designated address provided by the Customer and the delivery fee may vary from time to time.
- Customer may be required to pay an additional delivery fee if the Customer did not provide the correct delivery address.
- For store pickup, the Company will not accept any changes to the store selected for pickup once the Order has been confirmed.
- For pickup of Product in store, the Customer or the person authorised by the Customer for pickup is required to open package(s) and check all Product(s) before signing the official receipt. No return or refund will be made after the signing of the official receipt.
- The Company reserves the right to revise any terms of the delivery service (including but not limited to the covered areas for delivery and the delivery fee) from time to time without prior notice.
- The Company will not accept any changes to the delivery method (delivery or store pickup) once the Order has been confirmed.
Risk of Loss or Damage
- Any title, right, or risk in the Product shall transfer to the Customer upon the physical delivery of the Product to the address identified by the Customer in the Online Order Form, regardless whether the Customer is the designated recipient of the delivery. Notwithstanding the foregoing, title of the Product / Service which are software products shall remain with the applicable owner(s) / licensor(s).
Change of Order and Exchange of product / Service
- Once the Order has been confirmed, no changes on the Product / Service and their quantity will be accepted.
- Request for exchange is applicable for delivered Product which is damaged on arrival only ("Damaged Product"). Exchange request is available for 7 days counted from the successful delivery date.
- Exchange will not be provided for Damaged Products where damage is due to (1) undue wear and tear, (2) negligence, omission or mishandling of the products; or (3) alteration or repair made without the authorisation of the Company.
- The Customer must present the Damaged Product in full package together with the official receipt at the Company’s stores to request of exchange. The Company has the sole discretion to provide refund or exchange for the Damaged Product.
- For any problems of the Product purchased on the Online Store after the package of the Product has been opened, the Customer shall bring along the relevant receipts to the designated suppliers' repair centres for replacement or repair.
Cancelling and Refund for Purchased Product
- Request for cancellation is applicable for (1) Product that has been or will be arranged for delivery, (2) Product already delivered to the Customer or (3) store pickup of Product provided the Customer has not signed the official receipt.
- Cancellation of the
Product will only be accepted under the following conditions:
- the package of the Product has not been opened;
- the Product is not under special promotion (super deal, combo set, etc.);
- The Customer can make a request for cancellation (1) by the pick-up deadline and before signing the official receipt in store; or (2) by returning the purchased Product in full package together with the official receipt to the Company’s stores within 3 days (counted from successful delivery date).
- A 15% Restocking Fee based on the online listed price of individual Products, (excluding delivery fee) will be charged for the accepted cancellation.
- If the Customer does not pick up the Order by the pick-up deadline or if the Product cannot be successfully delivered for whatever reasons, the Company will handle the Order as if it is a cancelled Order. The Company shall charge a 15% Restocking Fee and/or forfeit the cancelled item(s).
- If the cancellation is accepted, the Company will arrange either refund of cash or refund to the Customer’s credit card in approximately 7 working days after deducting the 15% Restocking Fee.
- Under no circumstances will the delivery fee be refunded.
- The information sheet of the Products may indicate that there is a Merchant Warranty.
- Where a Merchant Warranty applies to the Product, the Customer shall send the Product or parts thereof directly to the relevant Merchant for repair or replacement in accordance with the terms of the Merchant Warranty. The Company shall not be liable for any Product related liabilities that are caused by the Merchant's error, negligence, or omission. All Product related liabilities shall be solely borne by the Merchant.
- All express or implied warranties, representations or statements relating to the Product or Service which are not contained in this Agreement are excluded.
- The warranty period of the Product and accessories shall start from the date of purchase. The warranty shall continue notwithstanding any transfer of ownership of the Product/accessory item, however receipts and records of purchase which would contain the warranty card will have to presented in order to make use of the Merchant warranty.
- The Customer's sole and exclusive remedy during the warranty period shall be limited to repair or replacement.
- The warranty will be rendered invalid if the defective Product or accessory item or any part thereof is caused by (1) undue wear and tear, (2) negligence, omission or mishandling of the Product or accessory item; or (3) alteration or repair made without the authorisation of the Company. The Company may at the Customer's request carry out the repair or replacement work not covered by the warranty but subject to the Customer paying the Company's prevailing charges (which are subject to change from time to time) for such services.
Intellectual Property Right
- All software and contents (defined here as any texts, audios, music, images, photos and pictures, or any contents containing the above) of the Online Store are the Company's intellectual property works and hence are protected by intellectual property rights, copyrights laws, and international conventions. Content of the website can be used only when the explicit authorisation of the Company is obtained. Without the consent or authorisation of the Company, no content of the website can be published in print or online media, reproduced, sold, or licensed. Any unauthorised act may result in civil liabilities or criminal sanctions.
- Failure of the Company to insist upon strict performance of any provisions hereof shall not be deemed a waiver of its rights and remedies. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed by a court of law of Sri Lanka to be unenforceable, the remainder shall stay in effect.
- This Agreement will be construed in accordance with the laws of Sri Lanka and the parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Sri Lankan courts in the event of any dispute.
- This Agreement embodies the entire understanding between the parties relating to the Product / Service and there are no promises, terms, conditions or obligations, oral or written expressed or implied other than those contained in this Agreement. The Company reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time without prior notice.
Third Party Content
- The Online Store may contain contents contributed by any parties other than the Company (“Third Parties”). To facilitate access to information provided by or through Third Parties, the Company may provide or assist in providing links to external websites or resources for the Customer to access to at the Customer's sole discretion. The Company states that it has not approved or endorsed the contents contributed by Third Parties in the Online Store or any external websites linked to it.
- The provision of any such contents or links to external websites shall not constitute any form of co-operation or affiliation with the Company with any such Third Parties or external websites.
- When the Customer
chooses to enter any of the linked external websites, the Company shall
not be responsible to the Customer and/or any party, directly or
indirectly, for (including without limitation, to):
- the privacy practices of such external websites;
- the availability of such external websites or resources, and any contents, advertisings, products, materials, goods, services or otherwise on or available from such websites or resources; and an
- any loss, destruction, or damage (including without limitation to accidental or consequential loss, destruction or damage) caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or in reliance on any such contents, advertisings, products, materials, goods, services or otherwise available on or through any such websites or resources.
Limit of Liability
- The Company excludes all liability or responsibility for any cost, claim, damage or loss to the Customer or any person whether direct or indirect of any kind including loss of revenue, loss of profits or any consequential loss in contract, tort or under any statue or otherwise (including negligence arising out of or in any way related to this Agreement).
- The Company will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the contents and Product / Service descriptions in the Online Store are accurate and complete but cannot guarantee that all the contents and Product / Service descriptions are accurate, complete, updated and free of error. The Company shall not be liable for any errors of information posted in the Online Store. The Company shall have the right to, from time to time, modify or correct any errors or omissions in the Online Store or in any product sales materials, quotations, orders or other materials without incurring any liability.
- Price of a Product and the savings under different promotional offer may vary. The Company does not guarantee that the price shown in shopping bag of the Online Store is the best price that the Customer can get for the Product.
- Any items in product photos but not stated in “In the Package” are for illustration only and must be purchased separately.
- Colour and photo of Products displayed on Online Store are for reference only.
- The Company shall not be held liable for any delay or failure in its performance or any breach of contract which was directly or indirectly caused by any of the following reasons: acts of God, fire, flood, accident, riot, war, terrorist attack, government intervention, trade embargo, strike, labor dispute, equipment failure (including without limitation, Internet access failure) or other factors beyond the reasonable control of the Company.
- The Company does not guarantee that the servers of or providing support to the Online Store do not contain viruses or other harmful components. Customers must ensure that they adequately protect themselves and any of their equipment, software, and data by taking appropriate steps such as using up-to-date antivirus and firewall software.
- The Company reserves the right to modify and revise all terms and conditions herein contained from time to time without prior notice.
- If the Online Store becomes unavailable for use at any time or a period of time for whatever reasons, the Company shall in no circumstances be liable.
- In case of disputes, the decision made by the Company shall be final and conclusive